New! Kinesio Taping® Foundations Certification Course (Formerly KT1/2 and KT3)
The Kinesio Taping® Foundations Certification Course will present all the concepts and techniques of Kinesio Taping®. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be eligible to take the online certification exam to become a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP). The certification exam fee is included in the Foundations course registration fee.
This course will be available in two formats:
- hybrid online
- hybrid live
The Hybrid Online Kinesio Taping® Foundations certification course is 24+ contact hours consisting of:
- video-recorded lectures
- detailed, step-by-step video demonstrations of taping techniques and applications
- independent taping assignments- with email communication with the instructor
- online quizzes
- four 15-minute one-on-one Virtual Office Hours meetings (via Zoom) with just you and the instructor
- online post-test
The Hybrid Live Kinesio Taping® Foundations certification course is a 20-contact hour course consisting of two parts:
- Four hours of self-study, video-recorded lectures and demonstrations providing an overview of the development of the Kinesio Taping Method®, fundamental concepts, assessments and screening tests, and an introduction to Kinesio Correction taping techniques, and an introduction to Dr. Kenzo Kase’s new Kinesio Medical Taping (KMT) techniques. Techniques will be introduced in step-by-step applications for chronic conditions, swelling, edema, scar and fascial management, nerve taping as well as acute and chronic pain management.
- A two-day, 16-contact hour, live on-site, lab-intensive workshop. This live component teaches techniques and assessment, as well as clinical reasoning, conditions, and more advanced taping techniques. Participants will learn to problem solve clinical cases requiring the application of multiple Kinesio Taping® techniques. Lab sessions will provide time to practice assessments and screenings, while applying techniques to a variety of upper and lower body conditions. Instructor will provide personalized feedback to each attendee to insure an understanding of the key taping concepts and techniques. Upon completion of the course attendees will be able to discuss and apply the Kinesio Taping® Method to a variety of muscular, orthopedic, and medical/neurological conditions.
Participants will have ample lab time to practice each advanced technique guided by Kinesio Assessment for clinical decision making and optimum patient outcomes. Case studies are presented for designing clinically relevant applications within a treatment program guided by the instructor. Case studies and additional research studies over the years are introduced so students can practice a variety of assessment techniques and advanced taping applications.
- List specific symptoms of different types of tissue injury – nerve, muscle, epidermis, dermis, fascia and joint
- Demonstrate application of advanced Epidermis Correction Technique – Web Layering
- Demonstrate application of advanced Dermis Correction Technique – Jellyfish
- Demonstrate application of advanced Fascia Correction Techniques – Ram’s Head and Manual Fascial Glide
- Demonstrate application of advanced Circulatory Lymphatic Correction Technique – Basket Weave
- Demonstrate application of advanced Space Correction Technique – Scar Management techniques
- Demonstrate integration of Muscle Direction Tests, Screening Assessments, and Corrective Techniques to treat complex injuries such as Whiplash, Shoulder Impingement, and Chronic Knee Pain
- In a small group setting identify 3 items on a problem list and goal list from specified case studies and develop appropriate interventions using tape as a modality and defend to the class
In order to attend the Kinesio Taping® Foundations Certification course, each attendee must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must have completed 80 course hours of anatomy and physiology
- Must have a working knowledge of the musculoskeletal system
- Must be able to perform assessments by evaluating and/or diagnosing injuries and conditions
- Must have achieved or is a student in their junior or senior year (transcripts must be provided) working towards one or more of the following credentials: ARNP, ATC, CAT(C), CCSP, CDP, CHT, CLT, CMBT, CMT, CNMT, COMT, COTA, COTA/L, CPO, CPT, CPTA, CRN, CST, CT, DC, DO, DOM, DPT, Lac, LAT, LLCC, LMBT, LMP, LMT, LOT, LOTA, LPT, LPTA, MD, MDT, MLD, MOT, MOTR/L, MPT, MT, MTC, NCMT, NCTMB, NDT, NMD, NMT, NP, NRC, OCS, ODT, OMD, OPA, OT, OTA, OTC, OTR, OTR/L, PT, PT-C, PTA, PA, RMT, RN, RPT, RPTA, SLP, Paramedic, Kinesiology focused. If you are unsure of your credentials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org