New! Kinesio Taping® Foundations Course
The Kinesio Taping® Foundations course (formerly KT1/2 and KT3) presents all the concepts and techniques of Kinesio Taping®. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be eligible to take the online certification exam to become a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP). Registration and payment for the online CKTP certification exam is completed through the Kinesio Taping Association (KTAI).
The Kinesio Taping® Foundations hybrid live course is a 20-contact hour course consisting of two parts:
Part 1: On-Demand, online Pre-Course: Self-study, video-recorded lectures and demonstrations providing an overview of the development of the Kinesio Taping Method®, fundamental concepts, assessments and screening tests, an introduction to Kinesio Correction taping techniques, and an introduction to Dr. Kenzo Kase’s new Kinesio Medical Taping (KMT) techniques. Techniques will be introduced in step-by-step applications for chronic conditions, swelling, edema, scar and fascial management, nerve taping as well as acute and chronic pain management. All course content and quizzes in this PRE-COURSE MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO ATTENDING PART 2.
Part 2: A two-day, 18-contact hour, live on-site, lab-intensive Workshop. This live component provides a review of key concepts learned in the online pre-course, and teaches techniques and assessment, as well as clinical reasoning, conditions, and more advanced taping techniques. Participants will learn to problem solve clinical cases requiring the application of multiple Kinesio Taping® techniques. Lab sessions will provide time to practice assessments and screenings, while applying techniques to a variety of upper and lower body conditions. Instructor will provide personalized feedback to each attendee to insure an understanding of the key taping concepts and techniques. Upon completion of the course, attendees will be able to discuss and apply the Kinesio Taping® Method to a variety of muscular, orthopedic, and medical/neurological conditions.
Participants will have ample lab time to practice each advanced technique guided by Kinesio Assessments for clinical decision making and optimum patient outcomes. Case studies are presented for designing clinically relevant applications within a treatment program guided by the instructor. Case studies and additional research studies over the years are introduced so students can practice a variety of assessment techniques and advanced taping applications.
REQUIREMENTS: Participants will be required to:
- bring along sharp scissors (preferably Teflon coated) for taping labs.
- dress comfortably for lab sessions, and wear loose fitting shorts and a tank top or halter top.
- wear comfortable clothing over lab attire, so you are not cold during lecture sessions.
It is recommended that participants:
- bring an anatomy book, if available.
- do not apply moisturizing lotion or use Dove®/moisturizing soap the day of the course as the tape will not adhere to your skin properly.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- List the best use for each type of Kinesio Tex Tape.
- Describe and demonstrate cutting at least 4 different Kinesio Taping application tape shapes: I Strip, Y Strip, Web Cut, X Cut, ETC.
- Describe a situation where it would be appropriate to use different tape cuts.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of KMT, EDF, and Kinesio Assessments.
- Demonstrate a method of safely removing Kinesio Tex Tape from skin.
- Demonstrate the use of Kinesio Screening Assessments to identify target tissue for treatment.
- Demonstrate the proper application of Kinesio Epidermis, Dermis and Fascia Taping technique.
- Demonstrate the proper application of corrective techniques: Fascia, Mechanical, Space, Functional, Lymphatic, Tendon, Ligament and Muscle Correction.
- Describe the difference between an underactive and overactive muscle correction application.
- Identify appropriate tension range for each corrective technique.
- Describe the difference between ligament correction and tendon correction.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Epidermis Correction Technique- Web Layering.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Dermis Correction technique- Jellyfish.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Circulatory Lymphatic Correction Technique- Basket Weave.
- Demonstrate the application of advanced Space Correction Technique- Scar Management Techniques.
- Demonstrate integration of Muscle Direction Tests, Screening Assessments, and Corrective Techniques to treat complex injuries such as Whiplash, Shoulder Impingement, and Chronic Knee Pain.
- In a small group setting identify 3 items on a problem list and goal list from specified case studies and develop appropriate interventions using tape as a modality and defend to the class.
- Be able to apply the Kinesio Medical Taping method to a variety of muscular, orthopedic and neurological conditions.
Part 1: Pre-course: Participants will receive pre-course access information in their Kinesio Taping Foundations course confirmation email, at least one week prior to the live, on-site session. The pre-course consists of two-plus hours of introductory concepts.
Agenda (2 plus hours asynchronous learning)
|Introduction to the history of elastic therapeutic taping, Origin of Kinesio Taping®, Kinesio Taping® Education.|
|Know your modality: types of Kinesio® Tex Tape, research about different brands of tape: load, stretch, recoil.|
|About Kinesio Tape|
|Finger Taping Demonstration Lab|
|Using Elastic Therapeutic Tape|
|The Kinesio Taping Method|
|Kinesio and Dr. Kenzo Kase|
|Kinesio Taping Method Foundational Concepts|
|Precautions and Contraindications|
|Kinesio Taping Screening and Assessment|
|Introduction to EDF|
|Kinesio Taping Glossary|
|Before you go to the live class|
Part 2: Live-Onsite 2-day Workshop: Participants must complete the On-demand, online pre-course prior to attending the live in-person workshop.
Agenda: 18 contact hours (synchronous)
Day 2: (9 HOURS)
|Day 1: (9 HOURS)|
|# of MINUTES||Description|
|120||Pre-Course Review, Key Concepts, Questions and Answers|
|95||Kinesio Medical Taping|
|65||Assessment and Hydro Kinetic Assessment|
|55||KDA, Epidermis Direction Test, Fascia MDT|
|20||Kinesio Screening Assessment/Convolution Lab Muscle B*|
|35||Muscle (Muscle B*)|
|65||Kinesio Screening and Taping- Part One|
|65||Kinesio Screening and Taping- Part Two|
|Day 2: (9 HOURS)|
|# of MINUTES||Description|
|60||Day 1 Review, Questions and Answers|
|15||Functional Correction Labs|
|20||Introduction to Lymphatics|
|25||Introduction to EDF|
|20||EDF- Focus on the Fascia|
|20||EDF- Focus on the Dermis|
|25||EDF- Focus on the Epidermis|
|60||Clinical Applications Practical|
|15||Documentation, billing, KinesioTaping database|
This course content is not intended for use by any participants outside the scope of their license or regulation.
This live interactive webinar course is accepted by many professional credentialing organizations and state professional regulatory boards. Rules and regulations change frequently without notification, and apply differently to live and online courses. Please check with your state board to confirm accuracy of this list and acceptance of contact hours. Certificate of Attendance will be issued to all participants upon completion of the course and may be used for CEU verification of credits.
CE credits vary by state. Please check with your state board/certifying agency to confirm conversion of contact hours to CEUs.
Rehab Education, LLC is recognized as:
- AOTA approved provider of OT and OTA continuing education (#6177)
- approved provider of PT and PTA continuing education by the NY State Education Department Board of Physical Therapy.
- approved provider of PT and PTA continuing education by IDFPR/ Illinois Board of Physical Therapy (#216000227).
Rehab Education, LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider (#6177) of professional development. PD activity approval ID# 07900. This blended/hybrid activity is offered at 2.0 CEUs | Intermediate Level | OT Service Delivery/ Foundational Knowledge. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures. (Course must be completed before 9/18/2028)
Physical Therapy Board of California: The Physical Therapy Board of California recognizes Rehab Education, LLC as an approval agency to approve providers offering continuing competency courses for CA licensed PTs and PTAs. This course is approved for 20 contact hours (2 hours online self-study, 18 hours live, on-site.)
Illinois State Board of Physical Therapy: Approved CE Sponsor by Illinois State Board of Physical Therapy, Division of Professional Regulations, Approval #216.000227. (Course must be taken prior to 09-30-2024)
NY State Physical Therapy Board: Rehab Education, LLC is recognized as an approved provider of PT and PTA continuing education by the NY State Education Department Board of Physical Therapy. (Course must be taken prior to 05-10-2025)
Oklahoma State Board of Physical Therapy: Rehab Education, LLC is an approved CE provider by the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure & Supervision. Provider #BAP202310008. (Course must be taken prior to 01-31-2024)
States that Accept AOTA Approval / PT State Boards’ Approval Reciprocity
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. At the time of listing, these states currently recognize AOTA Approved Providers for OT continuing education either in regulatory language or by formal written communication to AOTA. For an up-to-date list, see the AOTA website.
District of Columbia
Florida **(self-report to CE Broker)
Wisconsin (self study courses only)
*see CE Broker
**FL licensees may need to self-submit courses in CE Broker
Disclaimer: Rehab Education LLC provides this list for your convenience. At the time of listing, the following state boards accept courses by virtue of approval by other organizations. It is the responsibility of the participant registering for a course to check with their state board to confirm rules and regulations regarding acceptance of contact hours for live and online courses.
The following PT Boards accept courses approved by other PT State boards*:
District of Columbia
The following PT Boards accept courses approved by other APTA state associations*:
District of Columbia
Florida **(self-report to CE Broker)
*NBCOT…National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapy (view PDU requirements)
+HTCC… Hand Therapy Certification Commission (view recertification requirements)
Hand Therapy Certification Commission (HTCC): This course is accepted by HTCC towards re-certification.